[access-uk] UNLOCKING MOBILE PHONES

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:14:19 -0000

Hi all,

Well, I want to unlock my mobile for free, which I know is totally legal, so, do I dare to do it?

First, has anyone done it themselves? If so, will it work still using TALKS?

Second, I've looked at the following sites

http://www.trycktill.com/eng/

http://unlock.nokiafree.org/

and

http://www.unlockitfree.com/

All their methods vary a little. It seems that some talk about removing the sim card, whilst the others do not. Others will unlock anything - but then I read that the Nokia 6630 cannot be unlocked because it is a "BB5" model. This restricts the phone and cannot be unlocked via code or cable. Apparently I can only have this done via my mobile provider (costing about £30 I think)!

Well, if anyone knows any different, please let me know.

It seems though that I could do our 6600, if I'm daring enough ...

Any comments (particularly experiences) most welcome.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx