[access-uk] Re: UK VAT reclaim form for items purchased for the blind

  • From: "Hussein Patwa " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:52:40 -0000

Hi,

I admit with the majority of items I have purchased which are VAT exempt on
the grounds of being manufactured for the disabled, I have had VAT deducted
at the time of purchase.  However, for me anyway the common element has been
that the companies catered solely to the disabled and thus this was part and
parcel of their operation.

In this case, the entity with whom I am dealing do not solely cater for the
disabled.  In fact it is one out of thousands of products/services which is
VAT exempt.  In this case, I can understand why they may choose to operate
differently.  Note though that they are still well within the law, it is
only that the VAT is refunded rather than cancelled at the point of sale.

I got in touch with a contact who is kindly facilitating my getting the
form.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.

database 4705 (20091221) __________