[access-uk] Two more Gmail questions

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 16:42:13 -0000

Could I possibly ask two more Gmail questions please?

Firstly, does anyone know how to delete Emails on the Gmail web page?  Now I
have created an account in Outlook, thanks to the very good instructions on
a link Mo provided, I can now read my messages, but am unable to delete
them.  I can't seem to find the box to check them all on the website so I
can delete them from the server, and I can't delete them from Outlook in the
same way I can with all stuff in folders from my regular Inbox.  I hope this
makes sense.

Secondly, what is the difference between Imap and Pop, apart from the
protocols?  I opted to route my Gmail account to Outlook 2003 using Imap,
and just wonder what the difference is in using it instead of Pop.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns