[access-uk] Re: Two Unrelated Questions.

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 23:41:04 +0100

Mandy,
You are still inserting backslashes into your e-mails, anyway never
mind.
I can't remember the exact instructions, but I believe you go into
tools, mail accounts, click on the account, and click properties or
something like that (again sorry for the unprecise instructions).
However, I can definitely tell you how to change your home page using
IE7:
1. Open IE7
2. On the tools menu, press enter on internet options
3. The general page of the internet options dialogue box appears, with
focus landing on the home page edit field
4. Type in the address for Google and press enter
5. To test it out, press alt home to open your home page.
Note
You can also set this through start > control panel > internet options.
Hope that helps.
On Wed, 2 May 2007 21:02:41 +0100, "Mandy" <manumandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
said:
> Hi.
> I've sorted \outlook so I am able to use it but my emails aren't coning
> in automatically I think they do with f9 but what do I set to make them
> come in automatically?  A friend with sight did it last time for me and
> when someone helps me with the computer  I usually ask what they did in
> case I can learn from it she synchronized.  If that's the answer where do
> I find that?Secondly:  how do I change my home page on Internet 7 to
> Google?  \I've not had trouble before but with Google Dell comes up each
> time.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mandy.

Christopher Hallsworth