[access-uk] Re: Turning on Windows Sounds

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 00:31:02 +0000

Hi,

total recoreder will turn off all sounds by default when recording. when you exit total recorder, your sounds will resume playing. could this be the reason why? also, you may have the total recorder output device selected as default for sound playback, check this in control pannel, sounds and audio devices, on the playback tab.

all the best,

Mo.

On 13/11/2012 00:25, Vanja Sudar wrote:
Hmm that is very odd. Is there a patern? Does it happen after use a particular piece of software? Perhaps you haven't noticed, but try to keep a close eye (no pun intended lol) on what you used just before it happened. It's hard to diagnose right now. Also do you have more than one soundcard installed on your computer? Do you use something that would use a USB sound, like an external USB soundcard or a VOIP type phone that connects via USB? I can't really think of much else - it is a bit weird that it happens what seems like on it's own, but unfortunately it's very hard for me to assume what it could be as I've never really seen such behaviour, but, as I said, try to see if there is any patern as to when this happens then give us a shout and I'm sure either myself or anyone else on here will try to help.

-----Original Message----- From: Alfred King
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:57 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Turning on Windows Sounds

Thanks that is excellent but I am unaware of doing anything that is turning
the sound off.  What might I be inadvertently doing?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>