[access-uk] Re: Trying to get to listen to a programme on BBC

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:16:58 +0100

No, I don't have any vision. What do you get when you open a programme link?

From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/08/2009 1:56 PM

Hi Eleanor,

when you go to the page for playing the programme, which was given by Iain as:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00m69t8/Sunday_Sequence_16_08_2009/

are there any buttons for playing the program? If you press the navigation quick key b, then that should take you to the play/pause button.

If there aren't any buttons, then as you're using IE8 I assume that you're also using a recent version of Jaws. The only thing that I can think of is that you've got an old version of flash player installed.

You should be able to find the version of the flash player by opening the Manage add-ons dialog which is on the Tools menu. In this dialog, tab to the list view. Near the top of the list should be Shockwave Flash Object, and the last bit of info Jaws reads for it is the version number, which should be version 10 point something.

If necessary you can download the most recent version from:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Note that before the link to Agree and install now, there's a check box for installing the google toobar, which you might want to uncheck.

David.