[access-uk] Truth About Windows Vista And The Assistive Technology Industry

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 23:42:48 -0000

OK, subject line is a big claim, but this guy does tell us some home truths
about
access tech.

Many have, maybe deliberately, tried to make out that I and other critics have
it
wrong about costs and technical realities.  Well, I guess I'll have to live with
that, but I largely agree with what is said at the blogg belowe.  that's not to
say criticisms cannot be levelled else where;  but this is a good place maybe to
start if an informed discussion is what you are interested in.

So, go to:

http://therangerstation.blogspot.com/

Then search for,

truth about assistive technology industry

This'll bring you to what the author describes as a rant about Vista and
assistive
tech - although not the usual MS and other bad boys of the industry sort of
bashing.  Seems some interesting things are going to become apparant very soon
now, re. Vista and new screen reader releases, and a flavour of this has already
surfaced on GW Micro's list, but enough for now.

HTH.
From Ray .
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx