[access-uk] Re: Trekker Breeze

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:53:57 +0100

Hi Saqib.

Send it back to the supplier if you can, that is if you bought it brand new. Otherwise sell it on one of the trading lists, email me off list if you want more details as there are bound to be people who'd take it off your hands.

All the best, Ibrahim.
-----Original Message----- From: Saqib Hussain
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 2:52 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Trekker Breeze

Hi Ibrahim. Thanks for that explaination. It's been on the window sill
for an hour now and still hasn't found life. I'm afraid I'm putting
this one down as a bad purchase.

On 13/08/2013, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Saqib.

Sadly, the Trekker like lots of products for the blind uses cheap
components, also the fact that it doesn't have Wi-Fi connectivity greatly
hinders the device's capability to get a good GPS signal.  The reason your
IPhone can get a much better signal is simply because of the multiple ways
in which it gets GPS data. As well as the hardware GPS chip built in to the

device, it also uses Wi-Fi and mast triangulation to approximate your
position, the hardware gps is used mainly once the Wi-Fi and mobile
triangulation are accomplished to maintain the GPS lock. I would when first

switching on your trekker put it on a window sill and leave it for around 5

minutes so it can get a position from the satellites.

All the best and good luck, Ibrahim.