[access-uk] Trekker Breeze

  • From: Saqib Hussain <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:23:23 +0100

Hi. Recently I've aquired a Trekker as I've heard lots of positive
reviews about it and wanted to try one out. Much to my disappointment!
I can hardly get a GPS signal when I switch it on. Over the last few
days! I've taken it on regular bus journeys and two train journeys and
the Trekker has failled to lock on to a GPS signal. My iPhone can get
a signal with any of my GPS apps within seconds and this expensive old
brick that has been widely touted as the ideal GPS solution for blind
people can't get a signal for hours. I've updated the software and
that hasn't made any difference. It still takes a good hour to lock on
to a GPS signal and as soon as I get on a bus! I lose the signal for
the entire journey. This thing is an expensive brick that is only good
for paper weight duties.

--
You can find me on Twitter @Saq5000 and Skype Saq5000