[access-uk] Re: Transferring iPlayer Files

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:49:04 -0000

You don't have to use GoldWave. Most recorders will let you do this as it's actually the sound card setting that is altered to record whatever comes through your speakers. (Sometimes called "What You Hear Is What You Get", I think! <Smiles> Exactly doing this is a bit dependent upon your sound card settings. Perhaps others will tell you which programmes they use for such recording.

If you want to try a demo of GoldWave, go to

http://www.goldwave.com

and follow the prompts.

Although you will be asked to register, you can use it quite a long time in demo mode, so I understand, though it's been some time now since I did that.

I expect others will help more than I can on this but if you don't have enough and still have questions, well, put them on the list and I'll have another stab when I'm more alerb and awake. (It's bedtime for me now!)

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:35 PM (UK time), Eleanor Burke at eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Carole
I've seen discussions about Goldwave on this list and I've been very
interested but know nothing about it and would love to be able to
record from the iPlayer.

Eleanor