[access-uk] Re: Transferring files to new computer

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 09:23:38 -0000

Hi Andy

A lot of data so maybe a pen or micro drive may not be the best solution.
But
http://ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/USB-Flash-Pendrives-c-354.html

do a 4 gig micro drive for 30 quid and they're in Edinburgh. Not sure where
you actually are but they have a collection system so no postage payable.
These pen and micro drives are so simple to use and have so many uses.

But an alternative worth looking at is a Lap Link set up. Simply put a cable
between the 2 machines with software installed on both to recognise it and
then just squirt the data down the line. I've used them many times years ago
and heard a while ago they are still available so a search on Google may
well find it. Not the fastest transfer, or didn't used to be but set it up
and go to bed for the night and it should be done by morning.

Roger

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.