[access-uk] Re: Transferring Emails to New Computer

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 07:50:45 +0100

Your new computer (because it will have probably the latest version of
Outlook Express) has an import option for .DBX folders.  It works,
though is a little temperamental sometimes.  There are a few little
quirks you have to get used to and I'll gladly help you more off list
(by phone if easier).

The important things are

1)      Try not to mess with the In-Box or any of those folders already
made by the system.  (I've done it heaps and got away with it in the end
but OE has then become a bit unstable and, as I understand it, you're
not supposed to copy another In-Box over.)

2)      Decide on your folder structure.  If you have folders under the
In-box then you're OK to import folders of the same name as they will be
made on the level with your In-box.  You can simply move the messages
into your other folder and then delete the one you've copied over.

See what I mean - a little - well, 'er - but it works OK!

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx