[access-uk] Re: Touch Screens etc

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:52:04 -0000

Hi Debs

I am only speaking of the Hudl here now, but a friend of mine, who has no
sight either, bought one from Tesco last week.  He tried the suggestion of
placing two fingers on the screen to turn on Talkback, but nothing happened.
When he went back to Tesco with it, they told him it was asking for his WiFi
key, and would not let him past this screen until it was inserted.  Tesco
rang their Hudl Customer Services, but they told the member of staff in the
shop you had to put your key in before anything else.

Not sure if the Hudl would be the best place to start with the above in
mind, or whether my friend was just unlucky with his first steps.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate