[access-uk] Re: To all Goodmans Smart Talk Set top box users.

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 10:21:41 +0000

Hi all.
All I was told is that there is simply no standard way to provide text services via text to speech. May I remind you this is the very first fully accessible set top box. It is going to take time for technology to improve. As it stands now it's very good, and I could not highly recommend it enough.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 19/01/2011 09:32, william lomas wrote:
it is ashame text services don't read can anyone explain why this is so?

On Jan 19, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Paul Porter wrote:

Speaking with my RNIB hat on as well as a satisfied user of the Set Top box!

Is the box sitting in a shelf or on top of another box. You might want to try
the box in a different position. We can ask the RNIB volunteer unit to find you
a volunteer to help with the set up.

Some users have had problems with the remote but it's usually where they have
the box positioned. Other boxes seem to interfere with the box. If you've got
it in a shelf that's enclosed then the reception will be poor.

If anyone else has similar problems then please bring it to our attention.

Regards

Paul Porter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Price"<gazwprice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>