[access-uk] Re: Thunder comments

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:46:02 +0100

Hi Brian

Just another couple of points on Thunder:

1. I've discovered that when you're using it in Outlook Express, you have to have O E set up to show the preview pane, and also have it set up to both read and send messages in plain text. the latter point doesn't appear to be in the manual as far as I can tell, although it is in the "help" window that can be accessed from the main Thunder window.

2. I've managed to get Thunder working quite well with Dolphin's Ease reader in its non self-voicing mode (admittedly a slightly older version, but I don't see why later versions wouldn't work) and Audible Manager, probably thanks to the support for MSAA in these two applications. Not sure yet if the audible site and download process works through Webbie (haven't tried it), but it might. Also it might be wirth testing Thunder with the applications like Day By Day and the Pulse MP3 player from blindsoftware.com, as I think these applications stand a good chance of speaking reasonably well and might be popular with Thunder's target audience.

HTH

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>