[access-uk] Thunder comments

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:37:58 +0100

Dear all,
I'm writing to report on my views of Thunder. I'm trying it again, and it is
quite good, as stated previously. However, I am not impressed, as it definitely
does not read out conversations in MSN/Windows/Windows Live Messenger. Also,
when I want to compose e-mail in Outlook Express, Thunder does not announce
what characters I'm deleting using the backspace key, although it does when
pressing the forward delete key. Thirdly, Thunder hardly works in either
Mozilla Firefox or Thunderbird, which is quite annoying, since that's my
favourite e-mail client to date as it's more secure. Finally, I'm using the
Eloquence TTS Engine, and, if you press the right square bracket key, it says
something like right score bracket, which is strange. Finally (and I mean
finally), Thunder says quote when you press the apostrophe character, which is
a bit confusing.
I hope you find these comments useful, and I look forward to hear from you.