[access-uk] Re: The recommended speed of burning cd

  • From: Moti Azrad <motia@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:45:40 +0200

Hi George,

Thanks much for your detailed respond.

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician & Piano-Tuner
motia@xxxxxxx
Israel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Bell
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:28 AM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: The recommended speed of burning cd

  Hi Moti,

  There are three issues here.

  1) The maximum speed of your CD burner, which has an influence the 2)
  2) The maximum burning speed of the CDs themselves.  Not all CDs can be
burned at the same speed.
  3) Nero's ability to decide what is the best speed.

  You can reasonably assume that of you buy CD's which can be burned at a
higher speed than your CD burner is capable of, they will usually be of a
higher quality.  Hence it will do no harm if you buy say 52 speed CDs.  However
conversely, if you try to burn at say 40 speed on to 32 speed CDs, (assuming
Nero allowed you to do this) then there would be a risk of corruption.

  Nero has an option (check box) to "Determine Maximum Speed" when you burn a
CD, where is self checks items 1 & 2 above, and recommends the best speed for
the job.

  George.