[access-uk] Re: The plextalk

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:25:29 +0100

Hi Pele

I haven't tried doing this with the Plextalk Pocket, but I tried it using
the BrailleSense, even when it was connected to power, and it didn't
recognise the drive.  I enquired to Hims about it, and they told me that
there is simply not enough power on such a device to run a large hard drive.
The drive I was trying was a 500GB that doesn't use its own power.  So
perhaps this is the same of the Plex?

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns