[access-uk] Re: The new News app

  • From: Angie <jamfordel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 18:53:13 +0100

Sent from my iPhone

On 18 Sep 2015, at 09:35, Paul Leake <paul.leake@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If humanware can release its updates simultaneously for all users, why can't
hims do the same. Essentially, it gives the message that it's ok to provide
a less advantageous service to other customers! Sounds like Apple take the
same view too! What a surprise!

Kind regards,

Paul
Twitter: @paulleake1

paul.leake@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx
To: access-uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 17 September 2015 20.58
Subject: [access-uk] The new News app

Hi all
iOS 9 sports a brand new News app which allows you to read the news
straight from your device. But there is a catch. While it is available in
the US, UK and Australia initially, you have to change your device's region
to United States. To do this:

1. Open Settings > general > language and region.

2. Double tap region and double tap on "United States" in the long list
of countries. You may want to use your rotor and set it to headings so you
can jump to the letter quickly and easily.

3. Double tap the "done" button, and reboot your device when prompted.

I've just done this on my iPhone 5s, and now have the News app. It is
completely accessible with VoiceOver.

Happy reading!

Chris** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-