[access-uk] The new News app

  • From: christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:58:15 +0100

Hi all
iOS 9 sports a brand new News app which allows you to read the news straight
from your device. But there is a catch. While it is available in the US, UK and
Australia initially, you have to change your device's region to United States.
To do this:

1. Open Settings > general > language and region.

2. Double tap region and double tap on "United States" in the long list of
countries. You may want to use your rotor and set it to headings so you can
jump to the letter quickly and easily.

3. Double tap the "done" button, and reboot your device when prompted.

I've just done this on my iPhone 5s, and now have the News app. It is
completely accessible with VoiceOver.

Happy reading!

Chris** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-