[access-uk] Re: The meaning of: accessibility.

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 16:31:43 +0100

Hi Clive
No problem I was able to read your message, below.

here is a quote of what the bank is telling me:

"We have agreed with our suppliers the physical format for all
Braille statements, and do not intend to offer choices in this.
Regardless
of the format of the statements, e.g. standard print, large print, or
braille, we do not offer a bespoke range of options for the
look and feel. This would not be reasonable or expected.

The availability of grade 2 Braille is a different type of option,
not comparable to paper size or putting Braille on both sides of the
paper."

My point is that given the fact they offer a choice,
grade 1 oer grade 2 braille, why can they not offer
a choice braille on one side, or both sides of the paper.

Assuming the bank is using RNIB for the
braille statements, here is what RNIB says:

"in the case of a bank statement, there is a direct feed in to our
from the bank or provider and we automatically produce the product
either send it to you or send it back to the provider. Your
information
is secure in every sense to exacting guidelines."

So if the software allows for a choice, grade 1 or grade 2
surely the same software can allow for braille on one
side, or both sides of paper.

I fidn it hard to believe such a a choice would cause high costs.

Derek