[access-uk] Re: The colourino device

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:33:35 -0000

Well, it is definitely better than the Cobalt colour detector in accuracy and range of identifiable colours.

It does struggle in my experience with colours that are close to each other, such as dark navy, and black, seeing the former also as black.

It's find for strong basic colour identification, but will produce unreliable results with certain colours within a range of colour. It's great with socks, if they have a pattern, it will quite often say for example, grey black because it can identify that it's not one or the other, but isn't sure which is the strongest shade.

Something's it will get completely wrong, and it might report white as grey or beige as yellow.

So in conclusion, it is definitely a handy tool to have, for even if it doesn't report everything accurately, you can learn when it says a shirt is such and such a colour, it is actually whatever, I have to pairs of identical trousers for example, and it correctly sees one pair as dark blue, and although it says the other pair which are stone coloured is brown, I know from that which pair is which.

HTH -

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>