[access-uk] Re: The [bulk] Word on the List

  • From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:34:52 +0100

Hello Colin and all,

Guiltless Guide user suggests:

It is very easy for a Guide user to manually override the automatic processes
initiated when replying to an email. It is possible a Guide user has not
explored all of the options available, or perhaps they know but are not
prepared to take the few seconds to remedy matters.

For any Guide user on this list wishing to assist with trimming subject lines,
simply do the following:

#1. Before sending the email, select the option: "View or change email
details".

#2. When Guide announces, "Email sent to", press the escape key, leaving the
address unaltered. If confirmation of the address is required, press the,
number 1, key and once the address has been confirmed, press the escape key.

#3. Guide will next read out the subject line. The cursor will be placed at the
end of the line, so repeated pressing of the, f4, key, will loop the cursor
backwards along the subject line. Stop when the word, "colon", is read out.

#4. Hold down the backspace key until all text to the left of the colon on the
subject line is deleted.

#5. Now type in the word, "Re", and press the escape key.

#6. Now the email message will be read out, simply press the escape key
followed by the enter key and the email will be sent.

So simple that even I can manage it, Q.E.D!

Paul Benson.