[access-uk] The Open University?

  • From: "ari" <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:52:09 +0200

Hi everyone,
I have a friend who has to study correspondence. She's tried our correspondence university here, but it didn't work out because she got all her work very late, the prescribed books weren't available electronically, so they had to be converted by the unit at UNISA, which took a very long time. She is now thinking of enrolling through the Open University, but what services do they offer to blind students? Has anyone studied through the Open University, and how did you then get all your books and things? The site says that they do provide audio tapes and braille, but is this right and do they do even the prescribed books? She is very into English literature and languages, so if anyone knows of any other good correspondence place through which she could study, that would help. You can iether reply to the list and I'll forward to her, or you can email her directly. Her name is Louisa, and her add is
pascher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks very much
Ari