[access-uk] Re: The New Victor Stream

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:41:16 +0200

Hi Jacky

Out of curiosity, I have the American software on my stream,
I prefer it and the voices, does the uk version have the nls
and bard apps or not? I see they have put new options under
wifi on the new stream.

Regards

Adrien

From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 22 September 2014 4.43
Subject: [access-uk] The New Victor Stream

> People,
> I have the older VS and I love it! It's probably one of
the more
> useful gadgets I have ever purchased.  The new model also
sounds very
> interesting with all the Internet-based features, eg,
Internet radio,
> direct access to wikipedia and what not. So, for those of
you who own
> the new Stream, does it, to adopt a legal jargon, match
the
> discription?  These things always look/sound good on
paper. Take the
> Alto II mobile handset.  The sluggishness factor is not
mentioned
> anywhere in the descriptions across the web.  You only
find out that
> it takes two weeks to hack edit and send a text message by
talking to
> other users. So, I'd like to know if there are any issues
with the
> new Stream, as it wer, not mentioned in the literature,
but
> experienced by the users.
>
> for me personally the new Stream lacks one useful little
feature, ie,
> the ability to interact with the device with a bluetooth
keyboard.
> All right then, maybe a JavaScript-enabled web browser and
an email
> program would make it totally irresistible.
>
> Anyway, over to you folks.
>
> Cheers, Matt

link:-
> **