[access-uk] The New Victor Stream

  • From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 04:43:19 +0100

People,
I have the older VS and I love it! It's probably one of the more useful gadgets I have ever purchased. The new model also sounds very interesting with all the Internet-based features, eg, Internet radio, direct access to wikipedia and what not. So, for those of you who own the new Stream, does it, to adopt a legal jargon, match the discription? These things always look/sound good on paper. Take the Alto II mobile handset. The sluggishness factor is not mentioned anywhere in the descriptions across the web. You only find out that it takes two weeks to hack edit and send a text message by talking to other users. So, I'd like to know if there are any issues with the new Stream, as it wer, not mentioned in the literature, but experienced by the users.

for me personally the new Stream lacks one useful little feature, ie, the ability to interact with the device with a bluetooth keyboard. All right then, maybe a JavaScript-enabled web browser and an email program would make it totally irresistible.

Anyway, over to you folks.

Cheers, Matt