[access-uk] Re: The Moto G

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:37:52 +0000

Mo good post, you are correct and this is the problem with the I phone fan boys they can't see past that I agree that android does need a bit of customization but if you put in the work it's worth the time. and as you say the price point speaks for it's self. don't get anything as you have said except nexus or the moto-g at this time.

On 23/11/2013 09:35, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hi.

That's why you shouldn't buy phones that have been modified by the
manufacturer. If you by one branded by google where they haven't skinned
the version of android, then the accessibility features should work as
expected. The same would probably apply if apple started allowing
manufacturers to skin ios, change home screens, etc. I would rather have
more choice of which device to buy and the option of customisation, than
be tied in to the closed walled garden world of ios where you can't even
retreive music you have backed up to a device because itunes thinks you
want to delete and resync your library! In summary, by a nexus device or
motorola device from google and you should be fine. A lot of people are
going to switch I think, because of the cost if nothing else! where is a
budget iphone less than £400 available brand new? Just my opinion...

Mo.

Saqib <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    I'm not really convinced with that mehtod of turning accessibility on. I
tried a friend/s Samsung S3 Mini from the setup screen and it didn't do
anything. I tried to get my daughter to turn Talkback on her S3 Mini and kept
on getting a error message about setting the right language when the phone was
purchased here in the UK. This is why people just don't trust the Android OS
because it doesn't do what it says on the tin I'm afraid. Another example is
when I bought a tablet and Talk back would read what I was touching and then it
would cut out and read nothing. I mean how bloody shabby is that. I'm honestly
trying to give Android the benefit of doubt put these incidents don't help a
jot. Large propotion of people turn to IOS because it's trusted and Voiceover
is well polished. Another words it does what it says on the tin.  I would love
to promote Android as well as IOS but how
      can I
    recommend something that just never works as it should!

        On 22 Nov 2013, at 11:04, "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Hi Mo,

        Turn it on, wait for about 20 seconds, then put two fingers on
        the screen
        slightly apart. After about four secs it will come up talking.
        Job done.

        All the best

        Steve

        --