[access-uk] Re: The Lame encoder

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <alexacts2v4@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:48:24 -0000

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your message, although since sending the message to which you have replied, I have upgraded my version of Windows Media Player from 9 to 10 today and I now find that it looks as if I can convert the files from .WMA to MP3 or at least windows Media player will play MP3 files which version 9 did not seem to do, hence my reference in my original message to the Lame encoder.

To sort out your confusion, the files I was talking about in my original message are on a Music CD I own personally and when I put this CD into my CD rom drive it plays them using Windows Media Player, therefore, when I ripped them from the CD and saved them onto my PC's hard drive, they saved as ..WMA files, and at the time of my original message I was working with Windows Media version 9.

Alexander Shannon