[access-uk] Re: The Eye Cam...

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:30:19 +0100 (CET)

Debs, for me, the equipment itself wouldn't take away my sense of independence,
but having people to give spoken guidance as well would.

Message Received: Dec 05 2013, 02:51 PM
From: "Debby McCallan"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: The Eye Cam...

 Wouldn't an I Cam device also take away the sense of independence too?  Just
a thought. Debs   ----- Original Message ----- From: Vincent Thacker To:
access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 2:42 PM Subject:
[access-uk] Re: The Eye Cam...
Good point, Jackie, and the dog is great socially in all sorts of ways. I never
feel isolated because at the very least I will have doggy conversations with
people when I['m out and about. Not the answer to Life, but a nice bonus.

Vince.

Message Received: Dec 05 2013, 02:20 PM
From: "Jackie Brown"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes Vince, I agree. And something else these electronic toys don't give you
is the character and fun a dog does. This girl of mine is as mad as her
owner, and you just can't substitute the loyalty and affection she has
brought to both mine and Martin's lives.

I suppose I would just feel kind of depleted in some way if I stepped out
without a cane or a dog for guidance. It's fine in a place I know well like
the house, but to go for a walk or shopping would be really weird without
something in my hand to guide me.

Nice one!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate

From: "Jackie Brown"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Richard

Not sure I could ever get used to just walking about with some sort
of iCam
for guidance over a cane or dog. The way technology is moving, I bet
someone will come up with a futuristic idea. But, for now, I am
delighted
with my new four-legged German Shepherd acquisition called Bumble,
or my
trusted old beaten up long cane! (smile). Rather than the iCam, I
would
prefer a shit detector, but that is another matter for a more
general list
me thinks.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown