[access-uk] Re: The Eye Cam...

  • From: "Debby McCallan" <debramccallan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:50:43 -0000

Wouldn't an I Cam device also take away the sense of independence too?  Just a
thought.
Debs

    From: "Jackie Brown"
    To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Yes Vince, I agree. And something else these electronic toys don't give you
    is the character and fun a dog does. This girl of mine is as mad as her
    owner, and you just can't substitute the loyalty and affection she has
    brought to both mine and Martin's lives.

    I suppose I would just feel kind of depleted in some way if I stepped out
    without a cane or a dog for guidance. It's fine in a place I know well like
    the house, but to go for a walk or shopping would be really weird without
    something in my hand to guide me.

    Nice one!

    Kind regards,

    Jackie Brown
    Twitter: @thebrownsplace
    Skype: Thejackmate

    From: "Jackie Brown"
    To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Hi Richard

    Not sure I could ever get used to just walking about with some sort
    of iCam
    for guidance over a cane or dog. The way technology is moving, I bet
    someone will come up with a futuristic idea. But, for now, I am
    delighted
    with my new four-legged German Shepherd acquisition called Bumble,
    or my
    trusted old beaten up long cane! (smile). Rather than the iCam, I
    would
    prefer a shit detector, but that is another matter for a more
    general list
    me thinks.

    Kind regards,

    Jackie Brown