[access-uk] The Cherry chordless keyboard

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 13:42:50 +0100

Hi to all -

Stephen Green several months ago recommended to the list the Cherry Marlin
cordless keyboard.

I have just got myself one of these, and am finding it as good as he said.

It just plugs in, and off you go.

The USB transmitter is smaller than the Ipod shuffle.

The keyboard is very slim, and is the standard layout I imagine most of us
are use to. There are some additional keys, but I imagine we would have to
install from the accompanying cd to make use of them; I haven't looked at
this!

The actual keys sit low in to the keyboard which I prefer to the stand up
high block style of key.

The range is always a bit hit and miss with cordless keyboards as it depends
on the environment.It works for me anywhere within a 7 metre range of the
transmitter, but can be a bit hit and miss after that.

Anyway, it's great for those like me that don't have the PC in the living
room

One thing I'm not sure of is that there is what feels like a little
resistance in the keys, and as this is my first day of using it, I haven't
decided if I like that or not, it feels like it slows down my typing a bit,
but that might just need getting use to.

Hope that's of interest to anybody thinking about a new keyboard; the phone
number Stephen gave for Tekdata is correct, but they only sell to
businesses, they directed me to Scan.co.uk where the price was the same
[£54.03] delivered. -

Andy