[access-uk] Re: Text to speech Software

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:28:52 +0100

there is also texthelp systems that do a program called screenreader which
is really aimed at people with dyslexia.  I don't know how accessible this
is.

Portset, mentioned by others here, sell RealSpeak I believe.  the UK Daniel
voice is certainly worth a go for the synthesiser part of text to speech but
you will need a reasonably well specified PC to get good smooth sounding
speech out of it.

Cheers

Grahamk