[access-uk] Testers wanted: Articles for the blind label printing app

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:29:04 +0000

Hello Everyone.

Over the last few weeks, my brother has been developing an application which should allow people to print on articles for the blind labels without any sighted help. We are at the stage where we need testers for the application. Because the RNIB labels are the same size as a 6 by 4 photograph, you'll need to ensure that your printer prints on photo paper which could be listed as 4 by 6, 10 by 15 CM in your printer's paper options. we've noticed that some laser printers have this option and some don't. similarly, most inkjet printers allow you to print on photopaper so this should not pose a problem for the majority of people. sighted help on hand may also be necessary to ensure that your address has been printed if you do not have enough sight to make out the print on the label. If you are interested in testing the application in its alpha stage, please send a blank email message to:

vi-tech-testers+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

testing will commence in the next few days.

Thanks for reading,

Mo.