[access-uk] Re: Temp folders

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:39:21 -0400

Oh I've got you. But Windows XP Home is included in that CD package. You
just stick in disk one and reboot the system. The restore window will open,
offering you a choice of what you'd like to do, fully restore, or add
software. You might even get this window by slipping disk one into the CD
tray.  You can certainly install a stand alone copy of Windows XP, but you
might be missing some drivers needed by your pro 10 machine. Yes, you can
get these drivers and other components by visiting the Toshiba site, but
there would be a lot of searching to do. My pro 20 came with XP Pro, but I
opted for XP home and so I installed a stand alone copy of XP home and
downloaded the drivers from the site. I don't have the TV tuner though, as
that only works under XP Pro, and the media buttons don't work from the
front of the laptop, but I'm fine with that.

Peter

** vacation ## d