[access-uk] Re: Tellorion or Iphone

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:26:30 +0100

Hi Jeff

The iPhone, as you know, comes with the VoiceOver screenreader built into
it.  The equivalent on an Android device is TalkBack.

But Telorion is a suite of applications that has been written to work on the
Galaxy S3 and S4 Mini currently, which are Android phones.  Telorion has a
rubber glove that goes over the touchscreen of the S3 or S4 Mini which
provides tactile feedback to a blind person.  Telorion has its own
bookreader, newspaper client and other utilities that are actually very
useful and friendly to work with.  You can drop out of Telorion at any time
and go into Android because TalkBack is enabled.  When you wish to return to
Telorion, simply leave Android at any time.

I hope that gives you some flavour of the differences.  Come back to me or
the list if you want more info.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace