[access-uk] Re: Televisions

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:08:17 -0000

At the very least a TV that has an analogue tuner would have to have a digital
set top box added to it.  Most TVs unless very very cheap brought between 5 and
10 years ago will have a SCART socket on the back, and practically every set
top box will be capable of this kind of bookup which is the most convenient
method.  However TVs older or that do not posess a SCART will have to use an RF
out of the set top box (if it has one) and tune one of the channel presets to
the set top box.  This is where the difficulty will lie for older people and
those not so fully embraced in the digital revolution.
There are now quite a lot of TVs with integral digital recievers and if you
were out shopping this would be a good idea to look for once you are sure you
can easily get Freeview in your area.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology