[access-uk] Re: Talx, mobile networks and Talx capable phones: (WasRe: Re: Wildfire to be put out)

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:30:02 +0100

Hi Sayka,

could you please contact me privately at

ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx

I'd also be very interested in hearing from anyone who has good and bad
experiences of Talks provision.  Please write privately again to the
same address.

Cheers now.

Ian

                                From: Justin R
<mailto:mypc128@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                                I'm pretty sure this isn't an option
with Virgin mobile.  With my experience of making enquiries about
joining Virgin and, explaining that I couldn't sign up straight away and
buy one of their selected phones due to the talx issue.

                                They seem to understand what I meant
when I mentioned the talx software.  HOwever, if they did sell any
phones with talx put on them, they'd have said I've no doubt.

                                I think only Vodafone are the ones that
offer talx ready phones.  Orange seem clued up on with the talx
software, having spoken about it with their customer service on several
occasions and, at the Orange shop.

                                If you wanna go with one particular
network and don't want vodafone, you'll have to buy talx separately from
your phone.

                                Justin