[access-uk] Re: Talx, mobile networks and Talx capable phones: (WasRe: Re: Wildfire to be put out)

  • From: "Theo Pimm" <john.pimm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:13:32 +0100

MessageI have spoken to Mike Ducksbury at Vodaphone today, he confirmed that
vodaphone provide a range of S60 and 80 phones with Talx. You get the phone
with the contract you want as normal and they provide it with Talx free. He
also confirmed they have purchased a batch of nokia 6600 phones and will be
providing them pay as you go with talx for £130 - this offer will be available
in a couple of weeks. They will also be showing their products at Sight
Village. He particularly recommended the Nokia 6680 with talx which is more
expensive but he reports VIPs have found allows them excelent access to a wider
range of functions.
   I have not heard back from Orange yet about whether they are going to offer
Talx to existing customers of Wildfire.
John
      From: Justin R

      I'm pretty sure this isn't an option with Virgin mobile.  With my
experience of making enquiries about joining Virgin and, explaining that I
couldn't sign up straight away and buy one of their selected phones due to the
talx issue.

      They seem to understand what I meant when I mentioned the talx software.
HOwever, if they did sell any phones with talx put on them, they'd have said
I've no doubt.

      I think only Vodafone are the ones that offer talx ready phones.  Orange
seem clued up on with the talx software, having spoken about it with their
customer service on several occasions and, at the Orange shop.

      If you wanna go with one particular network and don't want vodafone,
you'll have to buy talx separately from your phone.

      Justin