[access-uk] Re: Talx

  • From: "Peter Bentley" <bentleypdlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 23:13:52 +0100

Thank you Steve
Very helpful.

Peter
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steve Nutt
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 10:52 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: Talx

  Hi.

  It sounds like you either have predictive turned off, or if not, if you hit
space after the word, the guessing won't happen.  In this case, you would need
to move the cursor back to the word, then start pressing star.  This will cycle
through each word that the dictionary guesses.  If you want to bring up the
list, press the Talks key twice, you will hear Edit.  Then go down to the
Dictionary submenu, select it, and one of the options is matches.  Select that,
and you will have a list of suggestions.  To turn off the dictionary, press
hash twice, and to turn it on again, press hash twice.

  I think that about covers it.  T9 is fantastic if you know how to manipulate
it.  It is a lot quicker to write texts.

  All the best
  Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
  International:  +44(0)1438 742286,
  Fax:  +44(0)1438 759589