[access-uk] Re: Talks - reading a page with one keystroke?

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 15:06:36 +0100

All Talks commands are done by press Talks, releasing the key and then pressing the next key. I've had no problems with this myself but use it most often on web pages.

At 15:04 08/04/2009, you wrote:
Hi,

This key stroke, I find, is a little temperamental. I sometimes have to do it a few times before it finally works ... then it will stop again ... (I'm using an N95 by the way.) Perhaps it's all in the timing of those key strokes, I don't know. I'm never quite sure whether you should press the Talks key, followed quite quickly by the down arrow, or still be holding the Talks key whilst hitting the down arrow. Perhaps someone could clarify how it's meant to work. I've tried both ways but still find it a bit hit and miss myself.

--
Carol
<mailto:carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx