[access-uk] Re: Talks: Installation security error

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 06:28:56 +0100

Hi Mark,

It's ironic isn't it, that the one network operator that provide Talks,
hamper the installation of it <Smile>.  Seriously though, if you had
installed Version 1.41, you would have been fine, because it is
Symbian-Signed, but because V2 is relatively new, Scansoft haven't got the
Symbian-Signed approval for it yet.  Once they do, you will be able to
install it on Voda's phones as well, without digging into the settings.
Also interesting that Voda are still providing Version 1.41 to their
customers, rather than 2, probably for the reason mentioned.  However, the
fact that they provide Version 1.41, causes its own support issues, because
as some of you may know, 1.41 does not read text messages properly on phones
such as the 6630.  Ah well, isn't life complicated?  <smile>.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk