[access-uk] Re: Talking caller id units

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 08:20:09 +0100

Phil said: "I guess what we really need is a digital cordless home phone that
works like a mobile with talks on it but I don't think such a device exists
yet. "

BT launched a product called, I think, Fusion a year or two ago.

It's a box that allows you to use your mobile phone as your home phone. So it
somehow allows your mobile to recieve landline calls. It also allows your
mobile to send calls via your landline.

So, if your mobile has Talks on it, and the Fusion box definitely also
transmits the ID information, then you might have a solution here.

I really like my talking caller ID  though. I got it from RNIB about 6 years
ago. I have a feelling it may be a Cobolt product as the man in the box sounds
suspiciously like my microwave (also from Cobolt )It is particularly handy that
the number just automatically speaks out across my living room so I don't have
to find and grab a phone to interrogate the display with Talks like I have to
if my mobile rings and I'm working out who I want to screen that day.

...Damon

 have to say that I