[access-uk] Re: Talking caller ID recommendations

  • From: "Martin" <martinhoughton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 14:45:14 -0000

Have you tried the True call device? I have one and it is great. Every instruction is spoken and you have a choice of options to choose from such as starring the caller when you are satisfied they are genuine or just press the hash button to zap the caller if they are suspected of being a neucence caller. True call also speaks the number of the person who is calling and the person is also prompted to say there name before being properly connected to you so you know who is calling. There is a simple set up procedure to go through, but as I said earlier, all the instructions are spoken and the only one issue I came up against was putting in the pin number to customise the menus which is only printed on the unit itself. I got around this problem by contacting true call and there help desk service was excellent and they got me sorted out very quickly. You can find more information about true call by visiting www.truecall.co.uk or just search for true call through Google where you will also find various pricing information as some websites seem to be selling it for less than you might find it in any store.

Hope this is of some help and good luck

Martin

-----Original Message----- From: Audrey Tonge
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:52 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Talking caller ID recommendations

Hi everyone.

just wondered if anyone can give me a recommendation of a talking caller ID?
I was using a call blocker to stop sales calls, but found that it was
stoppping legitimate calls getting through.  I am therefore looking to hear
who is calling first and then monitor the calls I don't know through answer
phone, rather than have to deal with these annoying sales people.

Thanks for any help.

Audrey