[access-uk] Re: Talking books for students

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 20:33:22 +0100

As far as I can see, the only difference is that you can order CDs on demand
and it doesn't affect your TB list. You could in theory have nine books out
at a time covering your streaming and TB memberships. However, even here I
don't think there is a real advantage as you can ask that books be put to
the top of your list and I am sure that if you are a student the four book
limit for borrowing in the TB library wouldn't apply. People have asked
about downloading but I can't see that working unless you buy the book.
Copyright restrictions would surely impose some kind of protection on any
book downloaded without paying for it. The only way it can be justified is
by thinking of it as another TB membership which isn't covered by the TB
service.

Iain