[access-uk] Re: Talking Toolbox

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 16:33:37 +0100

Must say that I wouldn't have a use for this personally, but there is an audio
review of Talking Tool Box on the program's website at:

http://www.braillebookstore.com/view.php?C=Talking+Toolbox+for+Windows

We've been here before though with discussions on Guide and the like, and I
have to say that if there are some VI folks who want a simplified approach to
computing then these guys are going to provide it.  Seems very cheap, but the
obvious downside it much reduced flexibility of what you can do as compared to
using a fully blown screen reader.  You pays your money and takes your choice.

Cheers,
Ray.

    From: Peter Beasley

    Why would you even want to bother with it.