[access-uk] Re: Talking Tactile Tablet - T3

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <baisez.marie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:57:52 +0100

I'm not Karl but reading about this has caught my interest, been on the site to read about it...the only thing not clear about it to me is how the tactile images are produced. Would you mind taking the time to explain this in more details please? why is a special printer needed for instance and what does the swell paper properties are? Does it go in the special printer? why is the flow of the ink so important?this sounds a fascinating concept...how I wish I was a student in this exciting time! In my student's days, all you had was a heavy reel to reel tape recorder and a typewriter...what fun it would be to-day to be able to compete fairly with sighted peers!

Marie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>