[access-uk] Re: Talking Kitchen Timers

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 09:05:08 +0000

I think I remember that the Zeitgeist as sold by Steve Nutt has a countdown
timer function. However, at fifty pounds this may be costly if all you need is
the one function. Personally I’m sad the Sharp talking clock calculator is no
longer available and dread the day when mine gives up the ghost.

On 12 Jul 2015, at 19:46, Henry Miller <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I use this timer and it is ideal for kitchen cooking.

It is a little loud, but if the kitchen extractor is going and pans steaming
you certainly need the volume <smiles>.

I have a water bowl handy, to dip my fingers in and drying before pressing
any buttons on the timer.

Best wishes

Henry