[access-uk] Re: Talking Clock Recommendation

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <pjbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:04:38 -0000

The signal now comes from Cumbria which according to my geography is the north west not the north east. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 10:38 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Talking Clock Recommendation

I've just checked out the alarm on the radio controlled clock.  It gives a
couple of little beeps and then speaks the time.  This apparently goes on
for five minutes unless you stop it with the button on the top of the clock. Unless you have the clock very close to you, this might be rather too quiet
if you are sound asleep.

The atomic clock which controls this one has moved from Rugby to somewhere
in the north-east, I think. It picks up the signal ok in my area, but I am
on high ground, which might make a difference.  Placing the clock near a
window might do the trick.  Certainly it shouldn't be placed near any
electrical equipment (computer, TV, etc) which might interfere with the
signal.

Wendy