[access-uk] Re: Talking Central Heating Control Unit

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:35:29 +0100

I'm in exactly the same situation. We had a new heating system installed in may and now we have this type of thermostat. In fact I think that mine's exactly the same like yours Jackie. It has 2 buttons, going up or down and yes you can count, but because it doesn't wrap sometimes you just don't know what position you're at. When they were installing this new system I approached the company that were doing the work, they said that they're not aware of any way that any adaptation can be made to these thermostats and that if there is it's totally up to the local council as they own the property. When I approached them about it they were very uninterested and simply kept saying that technically there is nothing that can be done so basically tough, I gonna have to deal with it the way it is. Sad to say, this attitude doesn't surprise me. Camden has never been particularly friendly or approachable about anything, but that's another subject for another place.

Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx