[access-uk] Re: Talking Book error message identified!

  • From: Hazel Darvell <witch.hazel66@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 07:46:45 +0100

With luck that will include that too.
Hazel
On 25/06/2015 15:12, Jackie Brown wrote:

Hi Hazel

Thanks, I didn't realise there is an option to opt out of those adverts. I
would opt out of the jingle as well! (smile.)

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read my EyeWrite blog: www.thebrownsplace.info/?page_id=136
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: thejackmate

From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BCAB Discussion List'"
<bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<RNIBTalkingBooksArena@yahoogr
oups.co.uk
Date sent: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:02:32 +0100
Subject: [access-uk] Talking Book error message identified!

Following the problem I have had with this, Paul Porter rang me from
the Tech Support department at RNIB this afternoon to say he had been
able to identify the fault. On new Talking Books, RNIB is adding some
additional information, and it appears to be that this is causing
problems on both the Victor Reader Stream and Stratus machines. The
latter players will at least continue to play, whereas you need to
move the book on a little to get past the error message on the VRS.

So at least it isn't my Stream, the SD card, or me for that matter! If
anyone comes across the problem, move the book with the number six key
to the next heading, or do it with the Go To key. Customer Services
have been made aware of it because simply replacing the Talking Book
will merely duplicate the error.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx